Accept Cookies?
Provided by OpenGlobal E-commerce

Recent Minutes

Grinton & Ellerton Parish Council

GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL

The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held in the Grinton Parish Hall on Monday 7th January 2019 at 7.15pm.

Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Jones, Fletcher-Lee and Barker, District Cllr Blows, the Clerk, press reporter T Little and two members of the public

1.  Apologies:  None


2.  Minutes of Previous Meeting:

The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 12th November 2018 were read, approved and signed.


3.  Matters Arising:

Shoemaker Barn Planning Decision:  This application has now been refused at the Committee stage despite a very positive site meeting.  It was agreed that a letter be sent to the YDNPA Planning Department expressing the Council’s disappointment at the decision and asking for an explanation of why the application as refused.


Highways Matters:  there has still be no response from NYCC to the concerns raised at our July meeting.  Cllr Blows has contacted Richard Marrs who reported that he would be responding soon but as yet nothing has been received, Cllr Blows had also discussed the matter with Cllr Blackie so that he was aware of the situation.  Cllr Blows will contact NYCC again.  Cllr Barker reported that there has been another vehicle off the road at Haggs Gill corner and expressed concern that NYCC were not taking the Parish Council’s concerns seriously.


Police and Crime Commissioners Meeting:  There has also been no feedback received from the PCC regarding her meeting with 3 councillors earlier in the year and it was agreed to write to her to ask for an update on the issues raised.


Beckside Saplings:  Following the site meeting on 16th November 2018 a quotation has been obtained from a local contractor to carry out the works.  Cllr Barker requested that another estimate be obtained and suggested that the YDNPA Ranger should be contacted to see if he could carry out the works without charge.  The possibility of obtaining some grant funding for the works was also discussed as it seemed to fall into the environmental category for Cllr Blackie’s Upper Dales locality Fund.  


4.  Correspondence:

Cllr Blackie

Upper Dales Locality Fund:  Cllr Blackie has emailed inviting applications for his NYCC funding.  It was agreed that we would apply for funding for the removal of the beckside saplings.  It was also agreed that any works required for the village hall could also be funded by an application.  Estimates will be obtained for the external decoration and for cleaning out the gutters so that a separate application could be made for works required to the hall.


5.  Finance:

Nothing to report


6.  Any Other Business:

Dates of Meetings 2019:  The Clerk circulated a list of meeting dates for the coming year.


Standing Orders:  The Chair circulated to Cllrs copies of the standing orders and stated if there were any changes thought to be required this would need to be raised at the AGM.


Fireworks:  Concerns were raised regarding some very noisy fireworks that had been let off in the village early on New Year’s Eve.  These  has been so loud it was thought that they were no-domestic fireworks but as it was not known were these had been let off from it was not possible to take any action.


Date and Time of Next Meeting:   

Monday 4th March 2019 at 7.15pm.  

~~ooo~~


 GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL

The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held in the Grinton Parish Hall on Monday 12th November 2018 at 7.15pm.

Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Jones, Fletcher-Lee and Barker, District Cllr Blows, the Clerk, press reporter T Little and five members of the public

 

1. Apologies: Cllr Porter


2. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 3rd September 2018 were read, approved and signed.

 

3. Matters Arising:

Memorial Bench – Martin Family: Two sites have been suggested to the family but no response has yet been received.

Police and Crime Commissioners Meeting: Cllr Coates reported that the meeting had been quite positive, however, the promised feedback had not been received despite all 3 councillors would had attended leaving their email addresses.

Highways Matters: No response has been received from Richard Marr of NYCC to any of the issues raised with him at our July meeting. The Clerk will write to NYCC to request an update. Cllr Blows will also pursue the matter with NYCC and a copy of the letter will be forwarded to County Cllr Blackie for his attention.


4. Correspondence:

YDNPA:

Planning Application - White Lea Cottage, Grinton: The planning application for this property has been re-submitted with the additional accommodation now incorporated into the existing house. There were no objections to this in principle as long as the property remains as a single dwelling. The Clerk will write to the Planning Authority stating this.

Park Management Annual Forum: The meeting will be held in Settle on 6th December 2018. Cllr Jones agreed to attend.

RDC:

Parish Precept: If there is an election within the parish next year, there would be costs of between £700-£1200. Cllr Coates proposed to raise the precept by £700 to ensure that there would be enough money to pay any fees if the seats are contested, this was seconded by Cllr Barningham and agreed unanimously.

NYCC:

Commons Registration, Jimmy’s Field, Crackpot: A letter has been received informing us that the matter will be going to committee due to the objections from The Open Spaces Society. Cllr Coates has spoken to Jayne Applegarth on behalf of the Parish Council and this will be included in the presentation to the meeting. There will also be an opportunity to

speak for 3 minutes at the meeting to support our case. The meeting was scheduled for 23rd November 2018 but has since been postponed and no new date set. Cllr Coates agreed to attend any meeting to represent the Parish Council as she was on the council when the error came to light in 1993.


5. Finance:

Bank Account Mandate Forms: Forms were completed to add Cllr Fletcher-Lee to the authorised signatures for the account.

Cheques:

Cheques were signed for

Yorkshire Water - £14.72

RBL Poppy Wreath – £20.00

Clerk’s Wages - £375.00

Bus Shelter Cleaning - £18.00


6. Any Other Business:

Beckside Saplings: Cllr Coates reported that there are quite a few saplings growing along the side on Parish owned land. She proposed that these should be removed before they become too big. A site meeting was arranged for Friday 16th November at 9.00am so that Cllrs could assess the situation and decide on appropriate action.

YDNPA Boundary Sign, Grinton Moor: The Clerk read a note from the YDNPA Ranger enquiring if the Parish Council would support the erection of a boundary sign that he is proposing. Cllr Barker voiced objections to the proposal due to problems he had experience with the Parks in that area in the past. The Clerk will speak to the Ranger to pass on this information.


Date and Time of Next Meeting:

Monday 7th January 2019 at 7.15pm.


The minutes of the two most recent meetings are below and are also available, together with the Minutes of earlier meetings on the archive page.


The minutes will not be read, approved or signed as being correct until the next meeting. Any amendments will be noted in the next meeting's minutes.


Thanks to Grinton Parish Council for permission to include the items on these pages.